St Mary Islington Community Partnership
To be a Beacon on Upper Street working together with the community to inspire and enable everyone to reach their full potential in a safe, stimulating and welcoming environment.
- People Centred
In everything we do, we respect and value the people we are here to serve, our staff, partners and other stakeholders – embracing their diversity.
We want to make a difference to our communities by enabling them to change, grow and flourish. Transformation happens when we believe in, we encourage and we challenge those we work with and for.
We build rewarding relationships with those we serve, with our partners and with each other. We value difference, we welcome dialogue, we trust people. Collaboration makes community and together we are stronger.
We are brave, forward thinking and creative, using the resources open to us to continually grow and build community in an ever-changing environment.
We will show integrity by being honest and accountable in all we do. We will aspire to understand and meet the needs of our whole community.
With 13-19 year old young people
- is to run a youth club providing a safe place where young people can discover for themselves what they are capable of and be inspired to transform their futures
With 2-5 year old children
- is to run a pre-school providing a caring and nurturing environment in which they can laugh, learn and grow and can get ready for school
With 6-12 year old children
- is to provide full day playschemes in the school holidays packed with a wide range of interactive and creative fun both indoor and out doors
With and for the wider community
- is to operate St Mary’s Neighbourhood Centre and Crypt as a community resource for the people of Islington to run their activities and meetings
- And to develop new community service partnerships to meet local needs.
St Mary Islington Community Partnership was set up by St Mary’s Parochial Church Council in 2008 to manage and develop St Mary’s long established community work so that it could grow and flourish meeting the needs of its community in and around Islington. We have a long history of working with children and young people and welcoming everyone in St Mary’s community spaces.
Find out more about SMICP’s governance structure
To find out more about St Mary’s Church click here.